CASA volunteers work directly with abused and neglected children and the people in their lives: foster parents, social workers, attorneys, teachers, medical providers and others. In addition to training and supporting advocate volunteers, CASA programs benefit from the invaluable contributions of non-advocate volunteers.
There are a number of ways you can contribute your time and talents to our program, including those listed below. Please contact us about our needs for volunteer support.
Ways that you may be able to support our program:
- Recruiting volunteers: public speaking, staffing tables at events, talking to friends
- Hanging CASA posters
- Inviting CASA staff to present a program to your community or civic group, recruiting volunteers, requesting a donation, etc.
- Getting CASA information out in your workplace via e-newsletter, posters, brochures in pay envelopes, etc.
- Organizing a fundraiser or contacting businesses for in-kind donations: food, prizes in connection with a special event or for volunteer recognition, office supplies, etc.
- Presenting an in-service training workshop on a topic about which you have professional expertise
- Making your home, workplace or other facility available to the CASA program for training, volunteer recognition, special events, etc.
- Serving on governing boards or advisory councils or other committees