||CASA welcomes people from all walks of life. We are simply looking for people who care about children and have common sense. As a volunteer, you will be thoroughly trained and well supported by professional staff to help you through each case.
To become a CASA advocate, you must be able to:
- Provide proof of age (21 years old is our minimum age requirement for all advocates)
- Pass a fingerprint background check
- Provide a valid CA Drivers License & means of transportation
- Complete 36 hours of training
- Attend daytime Courtroom Hearings
- Maintain monthly contact and reporting to CASA office
- Fulfill 12 hours continued education each year.
- Commit to a minimum of 18 months
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all case information